Been there, done that.

After six years of grad school, there are a few things I've picked up from personal experience and a whole lot of time talking with other female grad students (AKA procrastinating). I've always wished there had been some kind of handbook about how to handle the whole world of graduate school, so I figured I'd start a friendly place to discuss what it's like to be female in grad school, and maybe pass on some wisdom too!

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Thanksgiving

It's the weekend before Thanksgiving and I am decidedly procrastinating working on the paper I said I would have to my adviser by turkey day. This weekend's total amount written: one paragraph. Very productive!

So, I have a post that I was planning on writing, but who really wants to think about things like grad-school admittance tests when it's almost Thanksgiving? They're not something I particularly like thinking about in general, and the fact that I have a long weekend coming up, with every intention of a pumpkin-pie induced coma, I think it can wait. So, with that thought in mind, lets have a little fun:

What is your favorite procrastination method?

Personally, I find that cleaning my apartment may not be my favorite, but is decidedly my most commonly used method. I mean, I am kind of being productive, right? Right? And of course there's always blogging.

Anyhow, here's the deal: post your favorite means of putting off what you need to do in the comments. The one that makes me laugh the most (and yes, this is a biased test, I know it), will win a prize. Don't know what that will be yet, but I will do something. Once I finish writing this paper... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment