Been there, done that.

After six years of grad school, there are a few things I've picked up from personal experience and a whole lot of time talking with other female grad students (AKA procrastinating). I've always wished there had been some kind of handbook about how to handle the whole world of graduate school, so I figured I'd start a friendly place to discuss what it's like to be female in grad school, and maybe pass on some wisdom too!

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Topic of Interest

I came across this this morning and thought I'd share. A pertinent article dealing with having kids in grad school, and how to look for an adviser who isn't going to view this negatively.

(Though, I'm going to be really honest here: would you want to work with someone who is going to view the birth of a child negatively in the first place? I mean, that would be indicative of a personality that wouldn't exactly jive with me, imho. Buuuut, I'm not everyone. Still, as was mentioned in the blog, anyone who is going to use the argument that their grad student had a kid and therefore left their tenure application on the weak side is going to be facing their own kind of problems. The fact that someone actually DID that kind of makes me sick.)

No comments:

Post a Comment